Sunday, May 18, 2008



So in order to continue [peeking my head from the toils of school semesters, I should announce that the leaves in front of my house are busy making baby cells and growing. I predict that they will become larger than the last two years combined. Yes, the leaves on my trees will grow so huge that the only time they see 90210 is when they step on the scale.

Well, vermilion is my playground this summer and it has begun. I played very well last night as well as this morning. I feel like I am reverting back to my childhood mind. The mischievous one. Smashing cellphones with cinder blocks and burning lilacs and balloons. playing with snakes and skateboarding. road trips around town in hot, beautifully sticky cars and breakfast at noon. cigarettes on stoops with friends who, much like myself, have nothing to do but create something to do.

I got the photos I took with my instamatic camera back the other day. I was super stoked to get them back and super bummed when I did. the photos were in terrible quality and the workmanship of the lab was definitely not worth my money. I am just going to do them myself from now on. the photos on the other hand turned out alright. i have to brush-up on my distances as there is no in-lens focusing tool. It also loves the color red and chooses to make the picture red whenever it feels like it.






This past week i finally made it back to the national music museum. Its amazing I'm not there more than once a year considering its free for students and is no more than a few minute walk from my house. I love the Asia/Africa exhibit. you could/should fill a whole floor with the music from these two distinct and musically rich areas. Instead, they opted to squish then together. Still very beautiful though. I bought this postcard of the room for 50 cents. I love these gamelan instruments. I believe they are one of only two complete sets in the nation. I had the chance to play them a few semesters back and it was inspiring. Viva Indonesia.

No comments: