Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Snap

Before I hit the road tomorrow to Rome I thought I'd share another poem from Sal's earlier days. It's one of my favorites.
______________________________________________________________________
The Snap-

Took a break to snap the fingers a few times.
You see, I've been working up a technique, here.
Never been really good at the snap in general.
Giving more chances than I should seems to be my nature.
In this spirit I gave it a few more tries.
A snap, a quick little kick of a couple appendages.
The middle finger and the thumb.
Though this may be disputed, it's what I've shined to.
I'm sure there's some wildly deep meaning for these two fingers,
But who's the time to get into that debate.
The problem I run into when snapping
Is my fingers haven't grown out of their soft macaroni phase.
This lends to my utter inability to grasp any finger-centric
Operations that cross my path.
Just send the task on down the line.
It's going to be the way of this 'snapping gesture' as well.
Damn lousy fingers...

Bismark, 6/13/1970
______________________________________________________________________

No comments: